tilters

Dave Nereson dnereson@dimensional.com
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 00:42:04 -0600

<<Just like guns, piano tilters are dangerous I have never
felt the need for one.  Has anyone had a piano scoot out with this exact
piece of equipment?
Regards,
Clyde >>

How else do you take the bottom board off to replace or repair it, or to
tighten its screws if it squeaks when using the pedals?  How do you change
casters, unscrew front legs for refinishing?  Tilters aren't dangerous if
you use them properly.  I've never had a piano scoot out on me because I
take precautions, like strapping it to the tilter, and blocking the wheels
if on a hard surface like hardwood floors, linoleum, concrete.  My tilter
has enabled me to provide many piano repair services that I would otherwise
have to "farm out".   Sincerely, David Nereson, RPT, Denver