Insuring an action

Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:26:46 -0800

I state in my contract, when I take a piano or action, that the item is =
insured for the appraised value at the time of loss and I will provide =
that amount if requested.  If the individual wants to insure for =
additional, then they have that option.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Farrell=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: October 29, 2001 4:06 AM
  Subject: Re: Insuring an action

  I know none of us are lawyers here (yes?), so perhaps there will be no =
definitive answer here. But it seems to me to be pretty far fetched for =
a piano owner to "force you to buy a whole new piano" in a case like =
this. I could certainly imagine an extreme situation where they claim =
that a tech ruined their action - the part they worked on. But if the =
tech did nothing to the case and belly, etc., but remove the action from =
it, how in the world could anyone make a claim for a whole new piano =
stick?

  I shudder to think............you don't have any direct experience =
with a case like this.............do you?

  Terry Farrell =20
    ----- Original Message -----=20