Verituner - tuning sequence, etc

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:35:30 -0600

Ron K,
A question, if you would. Presuming the piano is close to pitch, wouldn't a
similar (adequate?) result be gotten from sampling each note to ascertain
the partial structure before doing a single pass tuning? I'm presuming this
could be done a little faster than having to crank pins during the process
of providing the machine with information to refine the calculations, as
well as being easier on joints and muscles. I know two passes will
statistically improve stability (lot of factors there), but from a stretch
and interval balance standpoint, why wouldn't a pre-sampling do the job?

Ron N