Changing Inharmonicity

Kent Swafford kswafford@earthlink.net
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:39:41 -0600

Hi Don,

I think Robert has a good question.

We know that a piano might show lower inharmonicity in high humidity _if_
that humidity has made the tuning go sharp and readings are taken on the
strings while they are still sharp.

However, stored tunings are recalled every day from ETDs and used to tune
pianos. These stored tunings work well -- don't they?

Do you have stored tunings that once worked well on a given piano but no
longer work well?

The PTG tuning exam procedure uses a stored tuning as a reference and I have
never heard of a reference tuning working well in one season but poorly in
another...

Kent Swafford