Kawai UST-8G

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:52:14 -0600

Les:

I generally like Kawai pianos but I've never thought of the UST-8
(formerly SC3) as being a very good instrument.  If the wrapped
strings on the bass bridge were ok, and the plain wires on the treble
bridge tuned up alright, I'd wonder about something unusual.  Was the
sustain ok?  It's not been one of my favorite pianos, but I thought
they usually tune up alright.

dave

On 4/2/2002 at 9:47 AM Leslie W Bartlett wrote:

>Tuned above piano yesterday, and the lowest three notes, bi-chords,
on
>the treble bridge were almost untuneable. I wrote pianotech from a
>"foreign address" and didn't see it show up, so will try from here.
Is
>this "usual" for this piano. I could stop the blocks nicely (Tunelab
>Pro), on each string, but when played together they were horrible,
and it
>was also impossible to get a clean octave at any perceived overtone.
>	Thoughts would be appreciated.
>les bartlett
>houston

>GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!