Dumb Move #2

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:42:58 EST

Hello Ya'll:
     I've been in this business for almost 30 years and told ya'll about
dropping my first set of dampers and busting my tootie at the same time.
Well, today I went to the local college to do some work for my long time
friend in the music department. Because of dampers problems I was in the
process of removing the action from his Hyunda Grand Piano and had pulled it
out over the edge of the key bed as I have done a number of times. I left it
well balanced and turned around to move a table closer so I could completely
remove the action and set it on the table. How was I too know my best ole
buddy decided he wanted to see the hammers jump up while it was setting on
the edge of the key bed. So he hit a major chord with both hands....hammers
jumped up....real hard. You guessed it the action  fell off the piano  , hit
the floor perfectly on the key end and bounced around. I ?+$%^#@ and his eyes
got big. You know what. I picked it up, placed it on the table. Nothing was
broken and I only had to adjust the back checks. I put it back in the piano
and it played just as "bad" as the thing ever played. The moral of the story.
Never let your best ole buddy play the piano unless the strings are real
close to the hammers. It will jump off the edge of the instrument.
Another dumb move.....I know....I should have already had the table ready for
the action. How was I to know he was going to play the stupid thing.
Tommy Black
Decatur,Ala.