travelling paper

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 03 Apr 2002 11:59:59 -0800

At 11:40 AM 4/3/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> > Use the brown paper tape that has prestuck glue that doesn't reguire
> > wetting.  Put it underneath the flange.  It peels off easily if you want to
> > remove it.

I'm not too keen on the no-lick glue. It probably doesn't leave as foul
a mess as masking tape, which has no business anywhere in the same room
with a piano, but I've found that the adhesive properties fail within a
year or two, while the stamp-like glue lasts indefinitely. So if one
removes a hammer after ten years or so, the no-lick paper would probably fall
off.

By the way, no one has mentioned it, but I hope that everyone papers
the flange instead of the rail. That way if parts get switched or replaced,
the rail isn't wrong. Also, as Ed points out, the glue doesn't do the
rail cloth any good.

Susan Kline