Enough already!!

Fri, 05 Apr 2002 20:10:32 +0200

A password is unncessary... there are several ways of approaching this
problem.. and like David Poritt pointed out each of them carry some kind
of downside.

Some folks would rather see a closed list with outside contributions
being individually screened. The workability of that would depend on the
amount of outside contributions, and the willingness of someone to do
the screening.

Other folks prefer just letting Andy do his best, which he is doing and
all due praise to him for that... but we must realize this allows the
clever spam writer to get through.

Which irritates each individual most is ..... well an individual
matter.  What ever the majority of folks want is fine enough by me in
the end... but I would opt for a more closed list... as I have opted for
a more closed email system at home... and I might add as I have opted
for a more closed mailbox outside my house... but then in Norway we can
actually refuse hard copy spam.

On the side, and since somebody mentioned hardcopy spam... did you folks
know that every day in America there is enough hardcopy spam put in
Americans mail boxes to fill Yankee Stadium to the brim....... every
single day mind you.  I wonder how much of that paper is printed on
recycled paper....??? grin

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.