Slick Key Bushings.

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 00:58:12 +0200

Bigeartb@AOL.COM wrote:

> Gentlemen:
>      I'm sure I am wrong about this BUT I thought teflon was causing major
> "squeeking" problems on newer pianos. (knuckles on hammer shanks)  If so why
> use it....OR....maybe teflon DOES NOT cause '"squeeking" problems. Any body
> know?  Where did I get my info...Schaff
>
> TommyBlack
> Decatur, Ala.

I have been useing teflon powder for over 10 years now... and I never have heard
of any squeaking caused by it. I have heard and experienced squeaking on grand
rollers when a blend of talc and vaseline was applied. I had used a batch made
from a recipie I got from non other then Yamaha's own Laroy himself, and had
just barely applied it because of warnings I had recieved from a couple other
techs. But never from teflon powder...

Anyone else run into this ? Who from Schaff put this out ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.