Slick Key Bushings.

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 01:21:17 +0200

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT wrote:

> Richard,
>
> While the trick of using CLP on problems bushings is very good, and having
> some since the start may well protect the durability of them , in a school
> environnement particularly, I am not persuaded we may have absolutely no or
> very low friction in the key. I wonder if a little friction is not adding
> tactile feedback and better control (assuming it is not too much)
>
> Idem with graphite on the knuckle (yes there are yet people doing that) , we
> loose some element used in the play when it is there (control).
>
> Just my 0,1 Euro.
>
> Isaac

A good point to be sure... to little friction may be a bad thing... on the other
hand friction in some sense represents a resistance to movement....which might
be better delt with from a leverage point of view.... at least to a greater
degree then we now take for granted..... just a thought....

nice to hear from you Isaac :)

RicB

--
Richard Brekne