Convention pay off

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 02:47:08 -0600

With out thinking I walked with my wife through the exhibit hall.  She
met me out side a class and on the way to our room  we passed by the
exhibition hall and so went through.    It was the 3rd time for me the
first time for her.  There is little time to attend the exhibition
hall if you are attending all the classes.  Anyhow we walked through
and never got hasseled.  That is another reason we are glad to plan to
attend future conventions where I pay full fee.

Let me say, one reason I finally decided to join the Guild was because
I liked the hospitality and execptions to the rules I received at a
regional convention.   They toured a museum and I was allowed to take
the tour for the tour rate rather than pay the whole regestration fee.

If the Guild is looking for members, they should use conventions as
calling cards and appeal to all members of the music industry to
consider associate status rather than  RPT. For the subscription of
120 a year or 10 a month for the Journal, the Guild could make a lot
of money selling the magazine to non tuners  if they appealed to them.