reading

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 19:43:39 -0700

    David, when we had our Shigeru opening Ceremony here in Scottsdale, =
all the biggees from Japan where there. (If they're reading this I would =
advise them that the term biggees means most revered and exalted ones.)
    Anyway, everyone was pronouncing it She ger (rhymes with air) oo. =
She-gair-oo. Emphasis on the middle syllable.
    Most importantly, they are simply awesome instruments, and a =
complete joy to work on. My dream is to have 750 clients who all own =
them, with only me as their technician.  ( Probably still wouldn't be =
happy, though. I can hear myself saying "It's always the same ol' thing, =
just give me a spinet once in a while to show me how lucky I am.)
   =20

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 7:48 AM
  Subject: reading

  I am not the fastest reader in the world, and the main reason is that =
I hear all the words and they enter my brain as a sound.  (I am an aural =
rather than visual person.)  As a result each word has to have a =
pronunciation -- a correct one if possible. =20

  I'm tired of reading Kawai ads slowly.  How do you pronounce =
"Shigeru"??????

  dave