Knabe Bridge Repair

Kevin E. Ramsey ramsey@extremezone.com
Sat, 6 Apr 2002 20:14:11 -0700

Gary, I was always told that having the bridge pins not in line with the =
bridge notching was one source of false beats. The strings don't have =
the same length on vertical as opposed to horizontal waves. The list can =
correct me if I'm ill-informed.

Kevin E. Ramsey
ramsey@extremezone.com
   I noticed on this piano that the pins holes on the speaking side are =
set at the edge of the notch, so the pin actually is completely  off the =
top of the bridge. The notch does not run through the center of the =
holes, it just plain misses them all together.