Vellum (leather) hinges/Brekne

Gary Teters garylteters@prodigy.net
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 20:39:20 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph Garrett <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Friday, April 05, 2002 8:39 PM
Subject: Vellum (leather) hinges/Brekne

>As you have probably observed, leather is not the material of choice. It
>will not hold up to the flexing like Vellum.
Joe,
I have a few sostenuto tabs to replace, I'm guessing that vellum is the hinge material here too (old Knabe). I called a local craft shop, they had vellum but were not sure about it being a leather product.  Called another shop, same story, not familiar with it though they carried it. Where do you purchase it? Does it come in different weights or thickness'?   Thanks   Gary Teters