Chickering Square Grand Question/Terry

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:56:40 -0700

Terry et al,
I have already private posted to Terry re. his Emerson, but feel that I cast
dispersions, where I shouldn't have. So, I would like to say that, during
the period of Square Grands, the quality of materials and workmanship was
exemplary in all factories, (as far as I know, to date), and I shouldn't
have used the Emerson name as an example of a lesser quality Square Grand.
I do, however, have the plate from an Emerson, leaning against my mail box
post. That one was a disaster and had to be made into a desk. It had a
cracked plate and there was not much left of the action. So, that's why that
one was relegated to the "alteration" bin.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)