Whitney grand action removal

Christopher D. Purdy purdy@oak.cats.ohiou.edu
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 16:01:06 -0400

John,

This sounds like the piano movers put the wrong screws in the front
legs.  This can happen and the buggers will go through the key bed
and into the key frame.  Sometimes it just jacks up the back of the
action but in either case you can't get the action out until you back
out those screws.  I just moved a Whitney and seem to remember that
all the leg screws were the same length but maybe they put lyre
screws in the legs or something.

Try that or look for another screw that's too long.  Maybe the leg
cam?  (that little wood thingee that swivels around to keep the leg
tight, I'm sure there is a fancy name for it)  Sometimes those get
loose and some Jr. Technician puts in a bigger screw.

chris

--
-Christopher D. Purdy R.P.T.
-School of Music, Ohio University