Quick action lubrication:

Tue, 09 Apr 2002 08:58:41 +0200

Farrell wrote:

> I don't understand Richard: "but the jack center pin... Hard to imagine how overall action friction could be influenced by action parts that have no motion."

No problem... context of the discussion was downweight and how friction affects this.  Downweight measurements do not include key action beyond the point of letoff.

> The jack moves after its foot touches the let-off button. If the jack center is tight, it is harder to push the key down for that portion of the keystroke.
>
> Now I realize that won't be affect measured touchweight by the traditional measurement method (before let-off). But it sure will be part of the picture for anyone playing that piano!

Sure... how the piano plays and the measurement of static down weight are two different things.

> Terry Farrell
>
> -

Read Anatares first posting on this, and Bobs reply and I am sure you will see where all this fits into the discussion.

Cheers !

RicB

--
Richard Brekne