work table/sign

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 14:18:19 EDT

In a message dated 09/04/02 1:53:44 PM, pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:

<< I need some advice on building a workshop table. What would be the best
all-around size/dimensions, and would pine be sufficient for the top? I was
thinking of 4/4"'s for the legs.

Terry;
First 'pine'...no it won't be sufficient for anything but rough
work.............
The height should be adjusted for whatever is comfortable for you to work
on...and in mind with what things you will be doing most on that bench......
2x4s, corner butted and screwed make better legs than do 4x4s
Width dimensions are controlled bty the space the bench is going in but
should not be larger than you will use for something other than 'storage'. :-)
Depth should be at least 19 inches and as deep as you will use . If the bench
is going to set on a wall depth isn't all that important but if you are gonna
have this thing movable depth is extremely important.......
just some thoughts....
Jim Bryant (FL)