work table/sign

Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:21:27 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "pianolover 88" <pianolover88@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: April 09, 2002 10:46 AM
Subject: work table/sign

> I need some advice on building a workshop table. What would be the best
> all-around size/dimensions, and would pine be sufficient for the top? I
was
> thinking of 4/4"'s for the legs.
>
> Also, has anyone on the list ever put a sign in front of your house,
> advertising your business? I live on a fairly high traffic street, and I
had
> the idea to have a double sided sign made, and then hang it from a sign
> post, kinda like those real estate thingees. Thanks all!

Terry,

Check your local zoning laws first. You may not be permitted to put up a
sign of any type in a residential neighborhood. Even if you are it's type,
size, shape, design, location, height, etc., may be very precisely
controlled. Everything depends on your zoning and, sometimes, your ability
to come up with variances to that zoning.

Your ability (right?) to operate a home-based business is also a matter of
some debate in many communities. It may or may not be a good idea to draw
attention to yourself.

We've gone from a nation where living where one worked was the norm to a
nation that would rather spend an hour driving there.

Del