Has anyone ever heard of a "Jazz" tuning?

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:38:29 +0200

Re: Has anyone ever heard of a "Jazz" tuning?Hi Jason

Very interesting article about Jarrett.  Thanks for the link.  But I did =
understand Jarrett chose Werkmeister for a Bach recording on =
harpsichord.  Do you think (it is a simple question) he chooses it for =
jazz music on a modern piano ?

I feel harpsichord needs something more than a piano to make his notes =
sing truly, as the tone color can not change on it.  So harmonic changes =
are then very welcome to make the harpsichord sing, as are the complex =
rythmical free changes needed to make the harpsichord keep the interest =
of the phrase high.  By the way, these are the two only possiblilities =
for harpsichord to be expressive : temperament and rythmical =
alterations.

Do you know what Jarrett chose for his bach recordings on piano ?

St=E9phane Collin.

  ----- Original Message -----=20