So whats wrong here ?

Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:53:14 +0200

Newton Hunt wrote:

> Overly long bore.  Install properly bored hammers.
>
>                 Newton

Thanks guys and gals... but I would like to point out that if I go for a
shorter bore.. then I exasperate the problem with drop screws being already
to high...

Those of you who mention glide bolts... I'll let you know about them
tommorrow...

I was wondering about the distance between the hammershank flange screw and
the flange centerpins as well...(remember shanks are not origionals)... .but
havent had time to sit down think this one through yet... I also have thought
about the drop screw itself.. there are different lengths from the center pin
for these as well....

What muffs me with this is that the letoff button is in an ok position... can
easily regulate higher.... but the drop screws are way high already... even
if they werent draging on the block I would have trouble getting them much
higher I think.

Thanks for all your thoughts so far...keep em comming..:)

Cheers !
RicB