New Kawai's

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 18:10:48 -0500

List,

Just wondering. Do any of you have any experience with the
newest Kawai RX-2's?

My basic question is the "plastic" (I know it isn't, really)
wippens and jacks. We have 9 of them on our lease program and
the jack seems to be kind of noisy rubbing against the
knuckles during let-off.

It's not really all that noticeable with normal playing but
when doing regulating type of things, it's very noticeable!

One other thing. I had a very tight jack flange and was
wondering if there's any way to lube those without having to
re-pin (which I did, to make it work)?

Not really complaining, just looking for some information.
Thanks.

Avery
University of Houston