finishing equipment

gutlo gutlo@bestweb.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:18:41 -0400

Wayne,

I own 4 guns of various types: Binks Mach 1 conversion gun (HVLP spray from
compressor), DeVilbiss conventional compressor gun, Apollo turbine system
(HVLP) and a Turbinaire conversion (HVLP spray from compressor) gun.

Far and away the Turbinaire is the best.  It has the least overspray, is the
easiest to adjust, has a built in air volume/pressure adjuster, and is the
lightest in weight. In 6 months of use, I have never had to take it apart
for cleaning.

The second best is the Binks Mach 1.  More overspray than the Turbinaire,
twice the weight.   Well made, but needs more maintenance and cost much
more, especially with the necessary accessory regulators.

The Apollo is pretty good, but it is difficult to clean and jams often.  The
turbine is robust, but the gun is real pain.

The DeVilbiss, being conventional spray, has huge overspray and is very
wasteful.  Can't understand why anyone would use a non HVLP gun anymore.

If you want more info on Turbinaire, email me privately.

If you think you will use the compressor for non spraying applications, then
get one and add an HVLP conversion gun.  Otherwise, Turbinaire makes the
best turbine HVLP system.

Arthur Grudko
PianoLac 845-855-0996