Intersting from Petrof

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:33:40 +0200

Hi folks

I sent off a quick note to Petrofs engineering department for their
factory specs on hammer bore lengths for this grand I mentioned
yesterday... and was pleasantly suprised to get the following response

"Dear Mr. Brekne
430019 is model No2 length 235 made in 1986. I dont know accurately what
You mean by hammer bore length. But In case of vertical is defined
distance between rear edge end bore. In case of grand is different
situation. Distance Hammer forhead - string must be 45mm. So it needs to
use fitting to proper position ( and bore - hammer forehead distance is
not defined). More over. In year 1986 hammer rear cross section was
square without radius and lighting. "

Course this means they take the position that one is to hand fit each
set of hammers to each new instrument as it comes off the line.

Anyways... as many manufacturers supply standard bore lengths I thought
this an insteresting, if unexpected answer from Petrof.

Cheers !
RicB

--
Richard Brekne