Fees - revisited

Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:22:37 -0700

I presume you are charging a higher hourly rate than you were 30 years =
ago.  Greater efficiency should be rewarded with a higher hourly rate.  =
The problem with flat rating a regulation is that not all regulation =
jobs are equal, or voicing, or many other things for that matter.

David Love
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ted Rohde=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: April 11, 2002 5:47 PM
  Subject: Fees - revisited

  List,
      I read with interest the discussion on how techs charge...hourly =
fees, etc.   If we base ourselves on hourly fees, do we not hurt our =
income in the long run?  I know how long it used to take me to do an =
action regulation on a Yamaha Grand.  I now can do that same job in less =
than half the time due to speed gained through experience.  Am I now to =
be docked because I've attained more experience and skill?   It seems =
wrong that a person like myself who has been working for 30+ years =
should have to contract more jobs just to keep up with the novice.  Even =
the auto repair industry has manuals listing hours per job to charge.=20
      Interested to hear responses.

  Thanks!!

  Ted Rohde - Central Illinois
  Lurking in the Background.

  PS  Sorry for the virus problem several weeks ago.  I didn't =
intentionally post messages to the site or even know I had it until =
several of you informed me.  The computer went on autopilot without my =
knowledge.  By all means, it's corrected with the newest Norton updates. =
   My apologies!!!