Fees - revisited

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 22:00:41 EDT

In a message dated 11/04/02 9:00:47 PM, rohde@pdnt.com writes:

<<  If we base ourselves on hourly fees, do we not hurt our income in the
long run?  I know how long it used to take me to do an action regulation on a
Yamaha Grand. >>

Ted;
 Another way to look at this is that since you can do the work in "half" the
time and 'if'  you still charge the same (realtive) fee as you did when you
started you are now making twice as much!! :-)
 I job my shop services at 'job' rates and if it takes longer I generally eat
the lesser "hourly" wage...if it takes less time..I give myself a raise!! :-)
 Simple -in-home-service calls should be based on something consistent and
for these times an hourly rate seems to be good 'until' we start getting into
repair of a more than minor sort.........
my view...
Jim Bryant (FL)