Health/Medical Insurance for Piano Techs?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:24:10 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/02 8:34:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
rsnelson@bwsys.net writes:

> I have a 55 lady (smoker/my wife's sister) who wishes to learn the piano
> tuning and repair business. I have checked on getting health insurance
> for her and got a large wakeup. So for it looks like $550 to $700 a
> month for basic coverage.
>
> What are you folks doing, that must provide your own health insurance?
> I have a wife that teaches school and is covered there. I'm over 65 and
> have coverage. I had no idea that the costs were so high! How do folks
> manage this. This is a real deterrent to someone wanting to go into
> business for themselves.
> Richard Snelson

If she wants to join the PTG for the health insurance, find somehting else.
That is not what the PTG is all about. It is there for those who can't find
it any wher else. But it's not going to be the cheapest, or the best.

Wim