Suggestions??? OT

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 23:30:42 EDT

In a message dated 4/12/02 10:51:24 AM Central Daylight Time, JIMRPT@AOL.COM
writes:

> My shop is placed in an area where there is a lot of wildlife and I really
> enjoy it...but there are times when it is a nuisance...this is one of those
> times............
> There is a rather large woodpecker in my loft space, I think probably 2or3
> lbs worth of really beautiful woodpecker. But he won't/can't figure out how
> to leave he just keeps flying around and 'pooping' on stuff..............I
> have turned off all the lights...opened the garage door as far as it will
> go...turned off the TV....shut the door to the office....... he just keeps
> flying around...... :-(  It has been going on for several hours now.....any
> suggestions??????
> Jim Bryant (FL)

My cat climbed on a high tree branch several month ago. After being up there
for 4 days, my wife wanted to get the fire department to bring him down. I
said, when the cat gets hungry enough, he'll come down. On the 6th day he
came dawn. The same will happen with your woodpecker. When he is hungry and
thirsty enough, he'll find a way out. (unless there is food and water up
there). I know it's a nuisance. But short of shooting the thing, I can't
think of any thing else.

Wim