CA tuning pin treatment

Stan Kroeker stan@pianoexperts.mb.ca
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 22:00:24 -0500

Greetings to all from the recently thawed Canadian prairie!

Someone please stand up and take credit for the following CA glue
dispensing technique.  I can't possibly be the first to think of it!

Prior to treating the tuning pins in one of those 'marginal' pianos we
come across from time-to-time, I cut short (3") pieces of soda straw and
trimmed each end at opposing angles.  These were then employed as chutes
(picture a concrete truck) to precisely dribble CA glue at the base of
each pin, minimizing the risk of spillage on the plate.

The job was so neat, you could scarcely find evidence (other than
tighter pins) that the pins had been treated.

Anyone care to take ownership of the idea?

Best regards,

Stan Kroeker
Registered Piano Technician