Export to US between privates

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 04:19:32 +0200

Many thanks for the information, Mr Bullock.

St=E9phane Collin
(Brussels, Belgium)

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: D.L. Bullock=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 6:18 PM
  Subject: RE: Export to US between privates=20

  When importing antique pianos with ivory keys, you are usually at the =
mercy of the particular customs agent you get.  Many people have brought =
old pianos in from Canada.  Some have been required to physically remove =
all the ivory from the keys thereby destroying much of the value or a =
fine antique.  Some have been  allowed through, since the ivory is =
obviously very old.  What we have been suggesting is before shipping a =
piano through US customs, remove all the white keys and ship them by UPS =
or FedEx so they will not be inspected.

  D.L. Bullock
  www.thepianoworld.com
  St. Louis=20