Steinway A

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 01:11:24 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Ron Nossaman
Sent: Sunday, April 14, 2002 12:13 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Steinway A

>             I have a church client in Metro-west Boston area with a
Steinway
> A ---I don t have the serial # handy but it s the older version with
the
> third bridge Mahogany case. The piano is playable but in poor shape,
needing
> a complete rebuild. The church is upgrading and would like to sell
this
> piano. Not being a rebuilder myself, I thought I d offer this up to
the list.

> Tom Driscoll

Upgrading to what? This piano should be reinventable to something better
then
can be had new for similar money. Why are they considering replacement
over
remanufacturing?

Ron N

	Ron,
	 A benefactor wishes to donate a fifteen year old Walnut
Steinway B in his father's memory. Your point is well taken, but in this
situation the church is not the party making the investment, and will be
a grateful recipient with hopes to turn the proceeds from the A toward a
much needed new sound system.
	I too have seen money available for replacement of finer older
pianos when you can't get the music committee to find a few hundred
dollars for regulation.

	Tom Driscoll