Unglued Hammerheads (Clamping)

Jon Page jonpage@attbi.com
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 21:00:43 -0400

At 07:32 PM 4/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>One item I've found useful when using a hot glue gun is a small stand for
>them. I found mine at a local craft store. It has a small tile that the
>excess glue sticks to and also holds the hot gun.
>
>Dan Hallett

I wouldn't trust hot melt glue for anything beyond craft projects.  To
secure expanded hammer heads,
CA and white glue. Snap, Crackle, Pop. I have two small Vise-grips and
leave one clamped while I glue
another. I don't recall if putting the CA on the felt or molding is more
effective.

It's been a long while since I've had the pleasure of that task.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@attbi.com