toys

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:16:41 -0600

Hi Ron,

The problem with "electronic" humidity guages is that the "sensor" does
over time become corrupted. As this happens the readings become more and
more suspect.

To use your sling device, you will need a proper set of tables that include
a deviation due to barometric pressure. Have a look at the past thread in
the archives. It is not a simple matter to say with ambsolute assurance
exactly what the relative humidity is.

At 09:16 AM 4/17/02 -0500, you wrote:
>>I use the wet/dry bulb device, not having found an electronic I wanted to
>>trust.  How accurate does this Whatman seem to be?  Can you suggest a
>>source?
>>
>>thanks,
>>
>>sb
>

>Dimensions in millimeters are 145l x 30t x 22w.
>Range 0°C - 50°C (32°F - 122°F),    2%-98%RH +/- 2%.
>Cost was about $50 six years ago.
>
>From:
>Whatman Lab Sales
>5285 NE Elam Young Pkwy, Suite A400
>PO Box 1359 Hillsboro, OR  97224
>USA Phone : 503-648-0762 / Toll Free : 800-942-8626 / Fax : 503-648
>
>As to how accurate it actually is through what ranges, I don't know yet.
>That's why I've been wishing I had a sling psychrometer for so long. Now I
>can compare readings under different conditions and see how close the
>digital really is. Meanwhile, for tuning, the absolute RH% isn't nearly as
>important as the relative readings from tuning to tuning - if the error
>remains "relatively" constant.
>
>Ron N

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca