Charging for Pitch Raises

David Foster pno2nr@hotmail.com
Wed, 17 Apr 2002 18:33:54 -0400

I have been gratified to find many respondents on this issue that do not
normally charge for pitch raises.  (And I thought I was the only one.)  I
also find that the block of time I schedule for a routine service call is
sufficient either for a good tuning or a pitch raise and a fair tuning.
Since it is the same time in my day, I charge the same for each.  Many
customers are extra grateful to see "pitch raise - N/C" on the invoice.  I
feel this policy frees me to do what is best for the customer and the piano
without having to go "sell" it.

Dave Foster