advertising

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 15:08:00 -0400 (EDT)

  My experience is that no impersonal add method works
well. Yellow pages are a nessesity, more so people
that know me can find me then anything else.

  What works is word of mouth. It would be nice to
just fork over a few hundred dollars and have a flood
of work, but nothing works like personal investment
of time and energy. Ask for referrals, ask again,
visit the stores, talk to the piano movers, give piano
teachers your cards, take the busiest, best technician

you know out for lunch and ask him how you can help
make his load more reasonable. Perhaps he will have
a set of key bushings for you to do, or out of town
overflow he doesn't really want to do. If you are in
their face they are more likely to believe you
are serious, committed, interested, and with time
things will happen.

  Adds work from time to time,
personal effort over time always works.

                              Good luck