Cable Upright (Chicago)

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 08:17:22 EDT

In a message dated 4/19/02 8:51:11 PM, daveonpiano@juno.com writes:

<< Attached to the block that is on the right side of the fallboard, there
is a small piece of metal (perhapos iron), sort of pointed and about an
inch long - it pivots on a screw.. >>

I couldn't visualize this exactly, so I went down to my shop where I have
Cable studio upright, serial #3016087, which I am reconditioning.  Whereas it
seems to be a similar model to yours, there is nothing connected to the
blocks under the fallboard on my piano.  Could this little piece of metal be
designed to thrust forward the music desk when the fallboard is open?  In
other words, when the keys are covered the music desk is vertical, and when
the fallboard is opened it comes in contact with the music desk and
automatically puts it on an angle so the music sits nicely against it.  On my
Cable (which is actually a pretty nice piano) there is a piece of wood which
can be pivoted manually to thrust the music desk forward.

Tom Sivak