Charging for Pitch Raises

Bigeartb@AOL.COM Bigeartb@AOL.COM
Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:49:49 EDT

Gentlemen:
     In our business accuracy means money. The customer is happy. Speed means
money. I am happy.  Therefore it don't take a rocket scientist to realize if
we strive for both speed and accuracy we can all be happy and I can be
driving a Cadillac if I wish. Personally, I like riding in a Cadillac.
Therefore I have worked to become both accurate and fast at tuning. Pianos
below pitch 1/2 to l step can be accurately raised in 15 minutes. This ain't
no hill for a climber. I do it all the time and I tune by ear. I worked real
hard to achieve this ability. Why? Because I enjoy making other musicians
besides myself happy and secondly, I enjoy riding in a Cadillac. For those of
you who can't do it or feel it impossible; well, it don't really matter. What
matters is are you happy. Remember, collectively, of all the jobs in the
world, we are the happiest in our work. Just work at your own speed and
......BE HAPPY.

Tommy Black
Decatur, Ala.