was M & H tour, now tuned duplex

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Sun, 21 Apr 2002 14:48:25 +1000

At 11:15 PM -0400 20/4/02, Duplexdan@AOL.COM wrote:

>. . . Bottom line about the Schimmel is: what does the duplex scale
>sound like?
>Have you tested it? If you have one available I'd be very interested in
>knowing what the intervals you find are, on at least one contiguous harmonic
>bridge.

I've seen one DD. The model (about 180 cm) I inspected, at the
Australasian Piano Tuners and Technician's Convention in July 2000,
had the rear duplex lengths pretty well tuned relative to the
speaking length. I didn't note the harmonic series chosen, but it
featured small radius half round brass bars sitting on a metal 'skid
plate'.

Ron O.
--

        OVERS PIANOS