Restringing

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:11:57 EDT

>...I know that you just need to patient with these "four-prong
>spools"...but I'm just interested in knowing if anyone out there has come
>up with some creative solutions to make the job easier and more
>expedited.

I use the cans.  I have a board with a nail in it and just lay the can over
it so that it acts like a spindle through the small bottom hole.  This allows
the wire to come out more easily, neater, and with less chance of kinking.
The board sits off to the side of where I am stringing and I can just spool
out as much wire as I need.  I don't do so much stringing that I could
justify the larger racks to hold the 5 lb. coils, so this works very
efficiently for me.
     Once the wire gets away from you and forms a big ball, it is usually
cheaper to scrap it and buy a new supply.
Good luck,
Ed Foote RPT