Knabe

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 14:34:56 -0700

At 04:22 PM 4/22/2002 -0500, Avery wrote:
>Speaking of Knabe's. Sort of. We just had a 6'4" type donated to the
>university. I
>haven't had a chance to pull the action yet but was wondering if anyone
>might know
>where might be the most likely place to find the serial number and what
>the model
>number might be. It's not on the plate. I'm curious about the age. Thanks.

On the 1901 Knabe concert grand I work on, the serial number is stencilled
onto
the soundboard in the middle treble, with the Knabe name in a semi-circle
above
it. Something about a gold medal, as well. If yours predates the Aeolian
years,
it might be a really interesting piano, given a little work, voicing, etc. I
wonder if it has a Langer action hiding inside? How's the music desk? Their
system
usually fails eventually.

>Except for a few loose pins on the Knabe. :-(

Just slip a little CA glue in there ...