Tyler Smith/Chickering Upright

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 20:47:44 -0500

>Speaking on subject of pianos that have previously been "fixed" - has anyone
>got a likely solution for pianos that have had the pins "driven" farther
>into the pinblock?  I've recently run across two that have had pins driven
>because they were loose in the block.

Fran,
Long time! How y'are? Vertical, or grand? That's the piano, not you. <G>
The pins were driven, presumably because they were loose. Is the pinblock
delaminating? Are the strings at the bottom of the coils resting on the
plate? What to do ranges from doing nothing, through disconnecting strings,
backing pins out some, reconnecting strings an CA ing the block, to
condemning the piano(s) for rebuild or disposal. The first thing to do is
determine what you have to work with and whether or not it's worth either
patching, or correcting. So what are the details?

Ron N