Convincing the Client

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:46:16 EDT

In a message dated 4/23/02 6:19:01 AM, tompiano@gate.net writes:

<< If there was every  a better argument for managing clients using a PDA

 Palm Pilot types) is with this very discussion. >>

I'm about to buy one.  I put a down payment on Pocket RCT and plan to use the
PDA to schedule appointments, too.  I recently installed call-forwarding on
my phone so that I won't miss the yellow-pages crowd, and with my PDA I can
schedule them right then and there in the field.  Also, I have a hard time
keeping track of things I need to order for various clients.  Mrs. A. needs a
little rubber button for her grand lid, Mr. B needs lyre brace, and...Miss C.
needs a wippen.  (And I'm just the guy to give it to her!)  With the PDA I
can keep a list of parts to order from Schaff.

But I especially like the idea of scheduling the client's next appointment
right then and there!  Do you find that when the time comes, whether it be 6
months or a year later, that you have to reschedule them very often?  I mean,
who knows what they're going to be doing 6 months later?  Is there alot of
last minute reshuffling to nail down an exact appointment time?  Or do you
merely arrange with them an approximate appointment time?  In other words,
I'll call you the 1st week in September to arrange your next tuning
appointment.