Samick liftrod

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 16:24:13 -0400

Friends,

I just got home with a new problem and I hope someone can advise me.

1990 Samick console model SU-143 I.  The liftrod hook closest to the
bass end is broken off at the rod.  Now I know the standard repair for
this, but I've never run into this variation before.  The damper rod
hook narrows considerably in diameter where it goes into the damper rod
hanger, into the felt-bushed area.  Furthermore, even if I could make
such a hook it does not appear that I can simply punch the old liftrod
hook remnant out.  The side opposite where the hook comes out of the rod
is completely smooth.  On top of all that, the whole apparatus appears
to be chrome plated.

So I have to get this fixed somehow.  Advice, please?

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger