"Old School Teachings"

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 19:42:32 EDT

In a message dated 4/23/02 5:35:35 PM Central Daylight Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> I don't think human intelligence has gone up much since 50 years ago (I can
> think of many examples - but this is not a political list!) - I can only
> assume they were taught that way. Is that correct?
>
> Terry Farrell

Terry

It has nothing to do with lack of intelligence or age. It is primarily a
result of laziness, and perhaps combined with a "I don't give a damn about a
Kincaid piano" attitude.  I might even have contributed to this kind of
thinking. If a Kincaid was 20 or 30 cents low, and it is the end of a hard
day, and I'm tired, and its hot, and its late, and, and, ....., I might just
say, "hell, its only Kincaid, nobody's gona hear the difference." Next thing
you know, the pitch is down 50 cents, then 70, etc.  I am not excusing it,
but it can happen. Now, maybe you think I'm one of those, er,.... "more
experienced" tuners, but don't lump us all together, because tomorrow, I'll
tune your sox off. :)

Wim