Cat's paw prints......

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 15:33:30 EDT

> They claim the cat didn't do any more than walk over the strings.  (No
>other calling cards).  Now they have discoloration on the copper windings
>from the animals paws.  I suggested using 3M ScotchBrite pads and lots
>of elbow grease.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

First, shoot the cat.  Then have a discount sale on damaged pianos......
   The stains are from the acidic reaction to the cat's paws having been in
the litter box, (or at least, that is what has happened to several of my
customers, and no, none of them went for suggestion #1).
    I don't remember any successful way to clean bass strings once they have
been corroded like this.
Almost anything you do will damage the sound.
Ed Foote RPT