1906 Weber Grand

PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 16:26:50 EDT

Hi List,

I just did some work on a 1906 Weber Grand.  I saw a small "DD" hidden
amongst the bass tuning pins.  Though I didn't measure it, the piano was in
the 7' range, and massively constructed.  What a great piano!!  If it has
ever been rebuilt, it didn't happen recently.  It appears to be all original,
and in magnificent condition.  The bridges, pin block, soundboard, and
case(except for the obligatory flowerpot marks......:-(...)  were all in fine
fettle.

Does anybody know anything about this particular model of Weber?  I've seen
quite a few of their 6' 4" pianos of the same vintage, and many of them have
been quite good instruments.  I'm happy that it belongs to somebody who loves
it well and chooses to care for it properly!

Thanks for any input!

Dave Stahl