OFF LIST!!!Re: Songwriters, Temperaments (*was: neurology)

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:47:51 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/02 8:36:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
sckline@attbi.com (Susan Kline) writes:

> An explanation of my personal attitude toward non-equal
> temperaments, and the reason for it ---

People like me who use unequal temperaments are often accused of imposing our
own taste on the public (while ignoring the array of precedents and sound
musical reasoning for doing so).  How is Susan's explanation of why she only
likes and uses ET any different?  What reason other than her own *opinion*
does she give?  From where does the majority opinion that only ET is
appropriate come?

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin