OFF LIST!!!Re: Songwriters, Temperaments (*was: neurology)

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:03:14 -0600

Hi Bill,

No it is not because for the last nearly 100 years it has been a defacto
standard. I do ask my clients if they'ed like an HT. But only very rarely
does someone take the plunge.

At 09:14 AM 4/26/02 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 4/26/02 7:59:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
>jkanter@rollingball.com (Jason Kanter) writes:
>

>> People like me who use unequal temperaments are often accused of imposing
>our
>> How is Susan's explanation of why she only
>> likes and uses ET any different?
>
>Susan doesn't seem angry, and she's not giving a tirade. Big difference.
>

>    Once that is done, the world will be able to return to peaceful bliss
>and harmony, of which ET stands as a shining example and symbol.
>
> isn't the arbitrary use of ET in fact imposing a specific set a values
>upon the public without their informed consent?
>
>Bill Bremmer RPT
>Madison, Wisconsin
> Click here: -=w w w . b i l l b r e m m e r . c o m =-

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd.