selling the pitchraise:student's neurology and inappropriateaural reference

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 08:18:29 -0700

>The main reason that I always try to sell the pitch raise has nothing to
>do with perfect pitch. The way I sell it is to show the customer how the
>tone dramatically improves as the string is brought up to pitch. This is
>very easy to demonstrate as the tone blooms as it comes up to pitch. This
>is also the reason that I believe that the piano should be at standard pitch.
>
>Norm Barrett
>  Memphis chapter PTG

In general I agree with you, Norm -- but how about the many pianos which
were built for A=435, and are in need of a pitch raise? Do you tune them to
the pitch they were designed for?

Susan Kline