No shows: Was Convincing the Client

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:47:51 -0500

>>The embarrassment was payment enough?  Maybe, since you now have another
>>interesting piano story to add to your repertoire!  <G>  But I don't know
>>if I could have been so magnanimous.
>>
>>Regards,
>>Clyde
>

>It all depends on the long run...
>
>How valuable is good will?  I've had "no shows" who later ALWAYS had access
>which worked, a blank signed check sitting on the piano, and cookies,
>etc.(invitation to raid the frig) on the table nearby.  ---they also gave
>my name to friends---
>
>Conrad Hoffsommer - mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu

That works both ways. How valuable is their piano tuner to them? How many
did they go through to find a good one, or do they even care? How long
would you stay in business if every one of your customers got one free
no-show? How many days' lost work is that altogether? I've also had
habitual no-shows that I finally wrote off just because they were more
trouble than it was worth.

Ron N